- Visas (if applicable)
- Passports – check the expiration date two months before your trip
- Trip Itinerary
- Travel reservations, take along airplane tickets
- Optional travel insurance to cover the duration of your trip
- Driver’s license, registration, insurance cards, (leave unnecessary cards at home)
- Money or foreign currency (cash, traveler’s checks, credit cards)
- Arrange for someone to water your plants, receive your mail, and take care of your pets
- Do not pack your travel documents or money in a suitcase that may get lost. Take your important documents and money in a wallet or purse that you can access at all times.
- Make sure that your luggage has a tag with your name, address and telephone number.
- Tie a colorful ribbon or attach distinctive stickers to your luggage so that you can identify it easily, and other travelers will not take them by mistake at a busy terminal.
- Shirts, blouses, pants, dresses, hats, coats, sweaters
- Rain protection – travel umbrella or raincoat
- Underwear, socks
- Toiletries, cosmetics, shaving needs, deodorant, shampoo
- Dental floss, toothbrush, nail clippers, nail file
- Contact lens preparations
- Camera, batteries, charger, voltage converter
- Swimming suit, beach towels, sun block cream
- Cell phone
- A printed list of emergency phone numbers or address book may be handy if your cell phone batteries run out or you lose your phone.
- First Aid Kit
- Aspirin or Analgesic
- Decongestant or cold/sinus medication