Terms & Conditions CST# 2002833-40
All information in this website has been arranged by Charming Travel Destinations. All rates, itineraries, departure dates and availability are subject to change at any time without notice.
A deposit of 50% of the total package price per person is required to reserve space on the tour.
CHANGES AFTER DEPOSIT
$50 will be paid per revision per booking, plus any additional charges imposed by suppliers. Amending the date of travel constitutes a cancellation and rebooking, and will be subject to cancellation fees.
- Full payment is due 60 days prior to departure. Payments made within 30 days of departure must be in the form of a certified check, money order or credit card. Charming Travel Destinations reserves the right to cancel the reservation if payments are not received within the period specified. Payments made previously will not be refunded under this circumstance.
- Credit Cards – We accept all major credit cards. Credit card charges will only be processed upon submission of a completed Charming Travel Destinations Credit Card Form. Third-party credit cards are not acceptable. Overseas client payments are to be made via bank wire transfers. Please check with us if credit cards are acceptable .
- Returned checks – $35 fee.
LAST MINUTE RESERVATION
If requested services cannot be confirmed, deposit and booking fee will be refunded. If services are confirmed, final payment is due within 24 hours and all applicable cancellation penalties will apply thereafter. Acceptable forms of payment include credit card or certified check.
VALIDITY OF TICKETS & PASSENGER NAME
- Tickets are made out in the name of the customer and are non-transferable. Passengers are responsible to ensure that the names printed on the tickets match their passport names exactly. Due to newly introduced security measures, any name change (including minor spelling corrections) may require airline reservations to be canceled and rebooked. Reservations are subject to availability at the time of rebooking. Once full payment is received, airline tickets will be issued. Subsequent name corrections will be subject to an airline-rebooking fee set forth by the airline. Charming Travel Destinations will not be held responsible for the denial of services by a carrier due to any name discrepancy.
- Name changes must be submitted to Charming Travel Destinations in writing.
- Tickets are valid only on the dates and flights indicated. Unused portions of tickets may not be used for travel on other flights and are not subject to refund at any time.
- Once issued, International air tickets to and from the US are subject to cancellation penalty and regulation as set forth by the airlines. US Domestic tickets and all air tickets outside of US are non-refundable. Airline schedules and flights are subject to change without notice. Charming Travel Destinations is not responsible for penalties incurred for tickets, international or domestic, not issued by Charming Travel Destinations due to schedule and/or flight changes. We suggest you contact the carrier several weeks prior to departure for seat assignments.
- Passengers are responsible to reconfirm their flights 72 hours prior to departure for all flights.
- Refusal to transport / Removal of passengers – Charming Travel Destinations will not be liable for refusal by itself or the carrier to transport a passenger not for the cancellation of a reserved space or removal of a passenger due to, but not limited to, safety reasons, to prevent violation of any applicable laws of any country or to prevent any hazard or risk to said passenger, to any other person or property, or to the flight.
- Some airfares may require early or instant purchase. We will contact you when payment for airline ticket is due.
AIRPORT TAXES & FEES
All airline tickets are subject to a variety of foreign and domestic government taxes which include security charges, the September 11th Security Fee, airport facility charges, customs and immigration fees, inspection fees and more. The total of these taxes may vary anywhere between $250 – $500 per passenger and are collected by Charming Travel Destinations at the time of issuing the ticket.
TOUR PRICE INCLUSIONS
Our brochure and website list the price and inclusions for each individual itinerary. Both prices and inclusions are subject to change. If a tour price should change, you may cancel your trip without penalty if Charming Travel Destinations is notified in writing of your intent to cancel within seven (7) days of the price change and provided that the amended price exceeds 10% more than the original. All non-refundable charges such as airline tickets, fuel surcharges and other fees are exempt from this policy. Prices changes do not apply to passengers who have already paid in full at the time of adjustment.
- Accommodation will be provided in accordance with the itinerary or similar. We reserve the right to make substitutions with hotels of equal standard. There will be no refunds for any difference in the cost of those accommodations.
- All rooms are standard rooms with private facilities, unless you have specifically requested and paid for an upgraded room category.
- Special requests such as bed types, smoking preference and connecting rooms are subject to availability.
- Room selection in all cases, unless otherwise reserved, is strictly at the discretion of the hotels’ management on a run-of-house basis.
- Triple rooms consist of standard twin beds plus a sofa/folding bed or cot for third person. The number of persons accommodated does not dictate the room size.
- All hotel rates are based on Charming Travel Destinations agreements with its suppliers and are not negotiable.
- Hotel check-in time is generally not before 4:00 p.m. and check-out time is prior to noon. Please be sure that adequate arrangements for accommodations have been taken into consideration when a late night flight is being used.
- All documents will be mailed 21 days prior to departure and will take approximately 7 days for delivery.
- At least 45 days before mailing the documents, full payment (cleared check or approved credit card) should be received.
- For 2nd Day Airmail delivery, a $25 fee will apply.
- For Next Day Airmail delivery, a $45 fee will apply.
- Should final payment be received later than 45 days prior, an additional $25, for 2nd Day Airmail, will be added to your final payment.
- All amounts must be paid in full before documents can be released.
- For travelers residing outside of US or Canada and last minute bookings, travel documents will only be sent electronically via email.
AMENDMENTS AFTER DEPARTURE
The cost of any changes or additions will be at the local rate at the time of the amendment and must be borne by the passenger.
There is no minimum age on independent packages. Discounts for children sharing a room as third apply to children under 12.
MEALS ON TOUR
Meals are as specified in each itinerary. Meals are based on the hotels’ or restaurants’ buffet or set menu. In general, beverages are not included, unless specifically stated.
As indicated for each tour, transfers are extended by air-conditioned car, minibus or motor coach, and only on tour, arrival and departure dates, provided airfare is purchased from Charming Travel Destinations. If you purchase a land-only tour, or if you deviate from the arrival and/or departure dates as stated in the itinerary, you will automatically be billed for the transfer service, which you may advise us to cancel at any time prior to your final tour payment date.
Sightseeing will be operated by motor-vehicle, its size dictated by the number of participants and at the sole discretion of the company. Charming Travel Destinations tours have been designed to accommodate individuals as well as groups. Please refer to each tour package for a complete listing of our tour services included. The number of participants may vary during the tour, as Charming Travel Destinations accommodates travelers arriving on different airlines and on different days of the week. Times listed in the itineraries are approximate and meant only as guidelines. It is your responsibility to arrive on time for all scheduled flights, cruises and package components. Arriving late may be considered a “no-show”, in which case you will not be eligible for refund for the unused service(s). We cannot guarantee the number of passengers who will be on any given tour. You may find that you are traveling with a sizeable group or only with your own companions. Services, however, will remain constant no matter the number of tour participants.
On dates including, but not limited to, religious holidays and national celebrations, some monuments and sites may be closed. On these occasions, touring itineraries may be amended to reflect these closures.
All tour packages allow one piece of luggage per person and one carry-on bag, unless otherwise advised by the authorities or the airline. Excess luggage will be subject to charges. The Travel Agent and/or Tour Operator, Charming Travel Destinations, shall not be held responsible for any damage to or loss of luggage/personal items. All damage/loss must be reported at time of incident and documented in writing by local authorities and Airline Company for submission to the insurance company.
- Itinerary and hotel variation – Occasionally, during holidays and certain periods, due to unforeseen circumstances, the local tour operator may have to make last-minute changes, sometimes after arrival, to the sequence of the tour and/or hotels. Therefore, we reserve the right to substitute the itinerary’s schedule or any of the hotels with no cost adjustment.
- Gratuity – Tipping is recommended and customary. The following is a guideline for appropriate tipping: Porterage and bellboys USD$1 per piece of luggage, local guide USD$8 per person per day, coach/bus driver USD$2 per person per day.
- Living Standards – Customers should keep in mind and accept that living standards and practices at destinations, as well as conditions with respect to the provision of utilities, services and accommodations, may differ from those found in the U.S.A.
- Service disruptions – Some services (e.g. water, electricity, air-conditioning, security, sanitary conditions, pools, food, beverages, etc.) or benefits may be suspended or interrupted partially or completely during the customer’s stay. Likewise, depending on the occupancy rate of hotels, a la carte dining may be replaced by buffet or vice-versa.
- Food, water and beverages – The food, water and beverages consumed at destinations may not be on par with U.S. standards. Customers assume sole responsibility for any illness suffered while abroad, or upon return, induced by the quality of food, water and beverages.
NON-OPERATION OF ESCORTED TOUR
- Escorted tour packages are based upon a minimum number of participants. Cancellation of any tour for lack of participation will be advised at least 30 days prior to the tour’s departure, and all money will be refunded. Charming Travel Destinations will not be held responsible for any costs relating to the issuance and/or cancellation of airline tickets or visa fees. Whenever there are less than 10 passengers, tours will be locally hosted.
- Voluntary cancellations due to political instability, acts of terrorism, government intervention or U.S. State Department warning will be subject to cancellation fees, provided the program is deemed (by Charming Travel Destinations) able to continue. Should Charming Travel Destinations elect to cancel a departure for any of the reasons stated above, every effort will be made to obtain refunds from suppliers, however no guarantees can be provided on their behalf.
TRAVELERS WITH DISABILITIES OR REQUIRING ASSISTANCE
Tour participants requiring any form of assistance are required to notify Charming Travel Destinations in writing at the time of reservation and must be accompanied by an individual responsible for providing those services. Tour managers, guides, drivers or other tour, hotel, ship personnel are not able to provide such assistance. Due to space limitations, wheelchairs and walkers cannot be taken aboard motor coaches and/or ships. Charming Travel Destinations reserves the right to remove any person from a tour who has not provided the required notification and has not received written confirmation from Charming Travel Destinations. All related expenses, including those to return home, will be borne by the passenger.
To ensure the desired group synergy, Charming Travel Destinations reserves the right to accept, reject or expel any individual who is deemed disruptive or incompatible with the interests of the group. All expenses to do so will be borne by the passenger.
Please check with your healthcare provider for up-to-date requirements. Malaria is endemic to some regions and precautions must be taken. Required inoculations, in any, must be recorded by clients’ health practitioners on a valid vaccination certificate which the client must carry for proof of inoculation where required. Individuals with heart disease, chronic illness, physical handicap, advanced pregnancy, or mental illness should not participate in these rigorous travel programs.
PASSPORTS & VISAS
- Passengers are responsible for ensuring that they have the proper travel documents and MUST CHECK with the respective consulate(s) or visa agency to determine whether any visas are required. Any information provided pertains only to U.S. citizens.
- Valid passports for 6 months beyond the date of return to the U.S.A. are required.
- The carrier or relevant authorities, without further recourse or the possibility of a refund, may deny boarding privileges to customers failing to provide the required documents.
- Entry to another country may also be refused even if the required information and travel documents are complete.
- No refund or replacement will be given for lost or stolen travel documents.
- Charming Travel Destinations will not be liable for any aid or information given by its employees or the travel agent in connection with obtaining any necessary travel documents or complying with any laws, whether given orally, in writing or otherwise, or for the consequences suffered by any customer resulting from his/her failure to obtain such documents or to comply with such laws.
TRAVEL PROTECTION PLAN
We highly recommend the purchase of comprehensive trip insurance. Charming Travel Destinations scales your premium to your trip cost to ensure that you will never be over-insured.
Notice of cancellation must be made in writing to Charming Travel Destinations and the following scale of cancellation fees will be applied provided air tickets have not been issued. Once air tickets have been issued, International air tickets to and from the US are subject to cancellation penalties and regulations as set forth by the airlines. All air tickets for flights outside of US are non–refundable. In addition, the tour can be refunded with penalties as follows:
• Over 60 days prior to departure, US$200 per person.
• 41 – 59 days prior to departure, US$400 per person.
• 21 – 40 days prior to departure, 50% of total price.
• 8 – 20 days prior to departure, 75% of total price
• Cancellation within 7 days prior to departure, or withdrawal from a tour, is regarded as forfeiting the tour and no refund will be obtained.
U.S. DEPARTMENT OF STATE TRAVEL ADVICE
From time to time, the U.S. Travel Department (www.travel.state.gov) issues travel advisory notices giving advice regarding travel to a particular destination, which you should consult. If their advice to U.S. citizens is to defer travel we will probably have to cancel your tour (we have to follow the advice of our insurers). If their advice is against non-essential travel we will not usually cancel your tour, but will be happy to give our opinion of the possible risks involved. The decision to travel or not in this case would be yours, and our normal cancellation conditions will apply. You should also check your travel insurance to confirm how a travel notice affects your policy, as this varies between insurers.
- Refund requests must be made in writing and received no later than 30 days after the return of the tour. Refunds are subject to a processing fee of $50 plus any hotel and/or supplier charges incurred.
- Claims for unused services should be substantiated in writing by local representatives. Processing will take from six to eight weeks from the date Charming Travel Destinations receives relevant documents.
- There will be no refunds for unused package tour services or features, including missed transfers due to airline changes and/or missed flights, unused meals, missed sightseeing tours, unused entrance fees, and accommodations.
- No terms set forth in this website may be changed by anyone other than an authorized representative of Charming Travel Destinations and must be documented in writing. Charming Travel Destinations is not obliged to guarantee promises (written or verbal) made by local hotel staff, tour guides, or any other persons not under direct employment of Charming Travel Destinations.
Charming Travel Destinations and its representatives abroad act only as independent contractors acting on behalf of neither the customer nor the suppliers and principals. All exchange orders, coupons, and tickets are issued subject to the terms and conditions under which such means of transportation, accommodation, and other services are offered or provided. The issuance and acceptance of such documents shall be deemed as consent to the further conditions. Charming Travel Destinations does not own nor operate the hotels, motor coaches, airlines, cruise lines, or any other service providers which compose their tours and will note be held responsible for changes and/or cancellations for any reason by airlines, hotels or cruise ships.
A. The travel agent and/or tour operator, Charming Travel Destinations, shall not be in any way liable for injury, damage, loss, accident, delay, or irregularity in any vehicle, or through the act of default of any company, or person engaged in conveying passengers, or of any hotel proprietor, personnel, servant or any other person otherwise in connection therewith.
B. Charming Travel Destinations shall not be held responsible for potential risks and hazards associated with travel to destinations included in this brochure, where injury, delay, or unanticipated events may occur. Charming Travel Destinations shall not assume responsibility for standards of quality, hygiene, political stability, cuisine, sanitation facilities, cleanliness, telecommunications facilities, methods of conducting business, emergency medical evacuation, treatment or medical services found in these destinations. Travel to these areas may entail risks including but not limited to the hazards of traveling in politically unstable areas, civil disturbances, war and arbitrary changes mandated by government authorities or private concerns. It is the responsibility of the passenger(s) to check with the U.S. State Department, Consular Information, http://travel.state.gov/travel_warnings.html for any current advisories and updates to the destinations on their itinerary. Charming Travel Destinations shall be held harmless from any and all liability in connection with the foregoing.
C. Charming Travel Destinations cannot accept responsibility for loss or expense due to delay or changes in transportation schedule or other causes.
D. Each exchange voucher and ticket is to be regarded as one contracted by or on behalf of the particular company or person named on it.
The information, products, and services published in this website may include inaccuracies or typographical errors. Changes are periodically made to the information, which appears here. The content of this website is not guaranteed to be complete, accurate, or available and may be changed at any time without notice. Charming Travel Destinations may make improvements or changes on the content of this website at any time. In no event shall Charming Travel Destinations be liable for any direct, indirect, punitive, incidental, special or consequential damages arising out of, or in any way connected with, the use of this website, or for any information, products, and services obtained through this website, or otherwise arising out of the use of this website.
Items of personal nature such as laundry, mineral water, beverages, food other than the table d’hôte menu, passport and visa fess, insurance and foreign port taxes are not included.
All prices quoted are based on current exchange rates and are subject to change without notice. If the U.S. dollar devalues by 5% from the local currency or more, Charming Travel Destinations reserves the right to increase prices accordingly.